We do not store on our servers any personally identifiable data about users, such as name, location, playing habits or anything else. We have no user accounts so we simply don't have that kind of information available to us, nor do we want it.
If you email us for support we will have your email address and name in our mailbox. The email address is never used for any purpose other than to reply to your support requests and is never shared with any third parties.
Aggregate data and statistics
We collect data about gameplay, for example how much the computer player wins, how many games were played each day and other metrics about the games. This data is stored in a database on our servers. It is not tied to individual users, we simply collect it as for example "There were 30.000 games of Hearts played today", with nothing tying that back to who played those 30.000 games. The purpose of this data is to improve the games and adjust the computer players difficulty.
We keep log files of visits to the site. These log files include information about your IP address, the time of your visit, which page was visited and what type of browser was used.
Cookies & related technologies
- To remember which options you have chosen for the game, e.g. sound on or off, speed etc.
- To remember whether you played white or black in the last game you played.
- To keep statistics about your success against differnet opponents, both computer and online opponents. These statistics are only stored in your browser, we don't store them on servers anywhere. You can always delete this data by going to your browser settings and clearing out all data from this website.
- To help us count the number of visitors to our website, i.e. a cookie is used so that you are not counted as 20 visitors if you play 20 different times in one day.
- We use a cookie to store information about your consent of our cookie use.
Cookies & 3rd Party Advertisements
|Adobe Advertising Cloud||Privacy statement|
|AppLovin Corp.||Privacy statement|
|Dentsu Aegis Network||Privacy statement|
|Interpublic Group||Privacy statement|
If you have configured your browser to send the Do-not-track header then we will always request non-personalized ads for you, no matter what you have chosen here on the site.
For a better explanation of exactly what Google does with your data, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites where they explain it in detail. You can also visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads where they talk specifically about ads and cookie use related to it, and you can opt out of personalized advertising from Google across all sites.
Your privacy settings
Below you can select whether we and our advertising partners are allowed to show you personalized ads.
If you would like more information about any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.